sabotabby: raccoon anarchy symbol (Default)
[personal profile] sabotabby


Rue St. Catherine is basically a hole in the ground, making navigating the city a challenge. This has not stopped two Spirits of Halloween knockoffs and one actually Spirit of Halloween from springing out of the rubble. Have some anatomically improbably skeletons!

IMG_4720
My favourite is the snail. I think that's hilarious.

We stopped at the Anticafe, where you can pay by the hour and have as much coffee and snacks as you want during that time. It is very cozy and whimsical.

IMG_4722

IMG_4724

Then we went to Old Montreal. Which is very touristy and no longer seems to have the cool medieval store, but does have the truly spectacular Notre Dame basilica.

IMG_4726

IMG_4733

IMG_4727

The Biodome, as seen from up top the Marguerite-Bourgeoys Museum and Archaeological Site.

IMG_4735

There's a good lookout that you can climb at the museum.

IMG_4743

IMG_4737

IMG_4745

IMG_4746

It's very beautiful here. Today, the Biodome!

Date: 2026-08-19 12:22 pm (UTC)
joymoose: (Default)
From: [personal profile] joymoose
Love the pictures!

Oooh Halloween stores. I particularly enjoy when skeletons have ears. I caved to temptation and bought a metal glow in the dark skeleton cat sign yesterday. I know it’s August but it was just too stinking cute.

Date: 2026-08-19 04:47 pm (UTC)
genarti: Knees-down view of woman on tiptoe next to bookshelves (Default)
From: [personal profile] genarti
I love the Anticafe!! It used to be one of my favorite places to work.

Say hi to the Biodome for me! Especially the puffins and capybaras. I used to live right near it and I miss it very much; it was so great to wander over to on a grey day, and I loved bringing visitors there. (There's also an Anticafe in that neighborhood, although not RIGHT near the Biodome, but it's got quite a different vibe; a much smaller food selection but it's essentially in an antique store, so you're surrounded by weird stuff for sale. Not a must-see or anything, but it amused me. At least, all of this was true several years ago; I've been back to Montreal a couple of times since I moved away, but not to there.)

Date: 2026-08-19 05:16 pm (UTC)
dissectionist: A digital artwork of a biomechanical horse, head and shoulder only. It’s done in shades of grey and black and there are alien-like spines and rib-like structures over its body. (Default)
From: [personal profile] dissectionist
Old Montreal also has a lot of gorgeous Art Deco, since they were rebuilding at that time after a huge fire.

Enjoy the Biodome! It’s such a cool place.

Date: 2026-08-19 05:28 pm (UTC)
frith: Lilac tone pony as a Southpark cartoon Canadian (FiM Twilight Canadian)
From: [personal profile] frith
The globe in the distance is not the Biodome but in fact the Biosphere, which is the old US pavilion from Expo 67 on Ile Ste Helene. It's a Buckminster Fuller structure, the plexiglas covering of which caught fire during a renovation and burned off in a spectacular fashion. The Biodome is behind the Olympic stadium and is inside the gutted velodrome that was constructed for the 1976 Olympics. I don't think you can see it from Old Montreal.

Date: 2026-08-19 05:51 pm (UTC)
sovay: (Rotwang)
From: [personal profile] sovay
We stopped at the Anticafe, where you can pay by the hour and have as much coffee and snacks as you want during that time.

I had not encountered the concept of an anti-café!

I love your skyline pictures.

Date: 2026-08-20 04:26 am (UTC)
agoodwinsmith: (Default)
From: [personal profile] agoodwinsmith
Thank you!

Profile

sabotabby: raccoon anarchy symbol (Default)
sabotabby

August 2026

S M T W T F S
      1
234 56 78
91011 1213 1415
1617 18 19 20 2122
2324 25 2627 2829
3031     

Style Credit

Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 09:21 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Most Popular Tags